SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

[SixXS] Tunnel Downtime for messages......
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 02 May 2010 11:09:18
After running 6to4 tunnel perfectly for a few months now Im getting emails from SixXS that my tunnel is down for almost a week. Nothing has changed with my router config (DIR-825) or tunnel but still getting those messages. I know IPv6 is working because when I browse to SixXS homepage Im getting Your on IPv6 message, same for other IPv6 services which are running perfectly fine. Since Im on a negative credit balance Im also unable to change tunnel type or manual enter my static IP4 address to make it working again. I can ping IPv6 tunnel without any problems. Any suggestions on how to get rid of those email messages and have to enable tunnel every time its shutdown? p.s.: contacted SixXS staff for this issue but didnt get any response.
[SixXS] Tunnel Downtime for messages......
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 02 May 2010 19:08:34
After running 6to4 tunnel perfectly for a few months now Im getting emails
from SixXS that my tunnel is down for almost a week.
6to4? That has nothing to do with SixXS. 6to4 is 2002::/16 space, SixXS tunnels use address space from the ISPs who provide the PoPs.
Nothing has changed with my router config (DIR-825) or tunnel but still getting those messages.
Maybe because it was misconfigured (or actually the fact that you can't configure it) all along?
I know IPv6 is working because when I browse to SixXS homepage Im getting
Your on IPv6 message, same for other IPv6 services which are running perfectly
fine.
Being able to get to a website does not mean your tunnel endpoint can be pinged.
Since Im on a negative credit balance Im also unable to change tunnel type or
manual enter my static IP4 address to make it working again.
Nonsense. You can ALWAYS change tunnel types or move the endpoint, even when you have negative credits. (if you couldn't you would get deadlocks, which would mean you would mail the SixXS Staff and really we don't have time to handle all the people who misconfigure things ;)
Any suggestions on how to get rid of those email messages and have to enable tunnel every time its shutdown?
Start by reading the FAQ, then read the contact page. Then when you are still stuck, explain your setup (where your tunnel is terminated, OS versions, relevant information as per the contact page) here in the forum and people can start helping you out.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker