SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Thank you for nearly 5 1/2 yeary IPv6
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 25 March 2017 14:44:08
Dear Jeroen, Pim, it is realy sad to hear about sundown of your famous tunnel service. Unfortunately I missed your announcment, don't know why, and heard about that from a German IT news site. Again it is really sad. For my that mean I will get lost for IPv6 now, cause my provider (Unitedmedia) provide DS light only which I don't like and I stay as long as posible on my current service. But anyway, thanks a lot for your famous effort and support. Thomas ,,, (o o) ---------------------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 28 March 2017 20:29:33
Dr. Thomas Rauenstrauch wrote:
Dear Jeroen, Pim, it is realy sad to hear about sundown of your famous tunnel service. Unfortunately I missed your announcment, don't know why, and heard about that from a German IT news site. Again it is really sad. For my that mean I will get lost for IPv6 now, cause my provider (Unitedmedia) provide DS light only which I don't like and I stay as long as posible on my current service. But anyway, thanks a lot for your famous effort and support. Thomas ,,, (o o) ---------------------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-------
Thanks from me as well, really liked to be on ipv6 for quite a while. I have the same situation, no dual stack available here as well (Unitymedia). So i have to go back to ipv4 only or find another ipv6 tunnel provider. Even an expensive business connection will give me a static v4 address only and no ipv6 at all. DS light, as provided for new customers, is not usable for me because my employee uses a class a network and there are no plans to switch to ipv6. Armin
Thank you for nearly 5 1/2 yeary IPv6 Private
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 21 April 2017 02:48:29
Armin Diehl wrote:
So i have to go back to ipv4 only or find another ipv6 tunnel provider.
I can fully recommend he.net. If it wasn't for them, I couldn't continue to host my services. Also, they don't have constant unreachability problems that I could see so far. Check them out!
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 29 March 2017 20:55:44
Dr. Thomas Rauenstrauch wrote:
Again it is really sad. For my that mean I will get lost for IPv6 now, cause my provider (Unitedmedia) provide DS light only which I don't like and I stay as long as posible on my current service.
Unitymedia has DS Nativ (as they called) in Baden-Wtenberg. Knowing a old woman, that get it without need it. In Nordrhein-Westfalen, Unitymedia is not ....... to offer it, not for private and not for commercial. I calling Unitymedia repeatly, but after incompetent answers, I get no answer any more.
[pt] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 02 April 2017 17:30:39
Hi I know that you already know about this, but you all should write to our (or all) ISPs asking for native ipv6. Pressure is everything, the more people that ask for ipv6 support at same time, the higher chance to get something moving in the ISP. Many ISP already have ipv6 internally but are postponing ipv6 deploy (afraid of support problems, hardware support, lack of proper tests) and the pressure can increase priority and help then move forward For those ISPs that are lagging and not even ipv6 internally, the pressure also give power internally to those that are trying to push ipv6 and being ignore by their leaders. So pressure then, write emails, open tickets in the support, contact then via twitter and facebook. Ask others to do the same. Also do the same for mobile networks. Also, open tickets reporting broken sites (ipv6 only sites, like https://loopsofzen.uk or http://reviewlization.com/), reporting that you have friends that can reach the server but in your ISP fail... let then research and see that there are ipv6 only sites and that users will fail to reach then. Search for more sites ipv6 only in http://networking.vutbr.cz/live-statistics/lookup/?v=web_ipv6 and maybe http://sixy.ch/ ... there aren't many, but a few are enough to rise alarms Again, pressure works... it may take time, but it helps moving things internally higuita
Thank you for nearly 5 1/2 yeary IPv6 Private
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 21 April 2017 02:52:16
Daniel Mota Leite wrote:
I know that you already know about this, but you all should write to our (or all) ISPs asking for native ipv6.
Unfortunately, native IPv6 doesn't automatically mean static prefix, which is kinda important if you want to host services. The most important aspect of SixXS hasn't been just the IPv6, but also the static prefix you got. This has gotten too little attention IMHO. Luckily, there are still tunnel providers out there.
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 03 April 2017 09:28:20
Thank you so much for the hard work and great support, this was a very useful service. I will now have to find an alternative, sadly ! Bruno K

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker