SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

replies from Google stuck and hang
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 12 February 2017 08:38:47
If I use my tunnel with SixXS for Google replies from Google often are stucking and hanging for a while. Meanwhile the browser is waiting for the replies from Google it is possible to surf with www.heise.de with no delays. No problems with Google via an other internet connection with IPv4. Please check your connection with Google. Thanks. AW
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 13 February 2017 11:48:59
Google is a technically horrible network, as they do not fully implement IPv6 and just fake a variety of things (ICMPv6 Too Big's are ignored, and instead they just randomly guess a TCP MSS; indeed, that breaks UDP...) As such, debugging what goes wrong there, is difficult. Likely you are falling into: https://blog.cloudflare.com/path-mtu-discovery-in-practice/ Your best way to solve this problem: Call Your ISP and get native IPv6.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 20 February 2017 09:18:34
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Likely you are falling into: https://blog.cloudflare.com/path-mtu-discovery-in-practice/
I had the same problem. It seems to have been fixed by manually setting the MTU to 1280 for IPv6 connections in my router. The problem did not occur on Google only, my own webserver had unreliable connections. At first, I thought it had something to do with an PHP5-update I did on Feb 10. It is an IPv6 related problem, as disabling it and using IPv4 only solved the issues.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 20 February 2017 09:21:30
It seems to have been fixed by manually setting the MTU to 1280 for IPv6 connections in my router.
1280 is the minimum IPv6 MTU. Could it be that you had your MTU set too large and the underlying IPv4 did not actually carry packets of that size? Note btw that one has to update MTU on both the PoP through the webinterface and on your end of the tunnel through whatever means you configure your tunnel. Also see the FAQ on MTU for more details.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker