SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

I ask my ISP again and again
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 01 April 2016 11:45:26
Die Antwort von Unitymedia (ca 3 Stunden alt) auf die Frage nach einem vollwertigen DualStack oder wie UM es nennt "DS nativ": Wir haben folgende Mglichkeiten: 1. Du hast IPv4 und kommst aus NRW oder Hessen -> Umstellung auf IPv6 (DS Lite) ist mglich. Auf reines Dual Stack (DS nativ) leider nicht. frown-Emoticon 2. Du hast IPv4 und wohnst in Baden W. -> Umstellung ist sowohl auf DS Lite, als auch auf DS nativ mglich. Viele Gre Dein Unitymedia Hilfe-Team No Alternative ISP with more than 6mps down at my Location! So i cannot Switch!
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 09 April 2016 09:27:22
Michael Stock wrote:
Die Antwort von Unitymedia (ca 3 Stunden alt) auf die Frage nach einem vollwertigen DualStack oder wie UM es nennt "DS nativ": Wir haben folgende Mglichkeiten: 1. Du hast IPv4 und kommst aus NRW oder Hessen -> Umstellung auf IPv6 (DS Lite) ist mglich. Auf reines Dual Stack (DS nativ) leider nicht. frown-Emoticon 2. Du hast IPv4 und wohnst in Baden W. -> Umstellung ist sowohl auf DS Lite, als auch auf DS nativ mglich. Viele Gre Dein Unitymedia Hilfe-Team No Alternative ISP with more than 6mps down at my Location! So i cannot Switch!
Is someone already using Option 2 from Unitedmedia (UNM) in Baden-Wrttemberg and which what kind of hardware? Do they provide router-modems in bridge mode to install own routers/firewalls. According my information they didn't! From a security point this is for me the main reason to stay with SIXXS. And I am on SIXXS now for nearly 5 years and most of the time using OpenBSD based HW. So I'm interested how a DS/DS light configuration looks like for LinuX/*BSD in addition. Unfortunately UNM is the only provider in my area approx. 25 km away from Stuttgart and nearly less then 5 km from Ehningen where we have one of the DC of IBM. Who from other countries in Europe can share her/his experience with cable providers from a local perspective. We may need additonal information for letters to be written to our local ISPs and to adress this to local politicians and local government. And many thanks to SIXXS for a brilliant service provisioned for the last years! Requested prerequesites given I would change immediately. Thomas
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 09 April 2016 10:11:34
Almost all cable providers are owned by Liberty Global in the continent of Europe.... Hence, they will all be going to DS-Lite (native IPv6, forced CGNed IPv4) with dynamic prefixes (though typically only if you disconnect for >48 hours from what I have heard).... As they are effectively a monopoly on cable, you'll have to contact your government to get that mess sorted out. DOCSIS (the protocol used on cable networks) perfectly is capable of having multiple ISPs provide service over the cables that where typically built by your community. Hence.... contact your government about this.
Dynamic prefix
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 30 July 2016 11:24:10
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Almost all cable providers are owned by Liberty Global in the continent of Europe.... Hence, they will all be going to DS-Lite (native IPv6, forced CGNed IPv4) with dynamic prefixes (though typically only if you disconnect for >48 hours from what I have heard).... As they are effectively a monopoly on cable, you'll have to contact your government to get that mess sorted out.
What is the problem? Dynamic prefixes? CGN IPv4? Regarding dynamic prefix, would it be a problem/possible to have the router translate the dynamic prefix into the ipv6-equivalent of 192.168? and having a 1:1 between external adresses and internal, so the lower 64 or whatever is the same inside and outside?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 May 2016 21:05:54
Actually informations from Unitymedia (IPC Germany) "On Business sector dual stack in planned. On private sector in NRW and Hessen (German region) dual stack is not provided according at the current status . Regards Your Unitymedia helping team" (background: in BaW it is no problem to get a dual stack, even you have IPv4) Aktuelle Stellungnahme von Unitymedia: "Hallo@Michael, im Business-Bereich ist Dual Stack in der Planung. Fr Privatkunden in NRW und Hessen Ist dieses nach jetzigem Stand nicht vorgesehen. Beste Gre Dein Unitymedia Hilfe-Team" (Hintergrund: in BaW ist es kein Problem als IPv4 Kunde einen Dual Stack zu bekommen)
[cz] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 16 August 2016 07:18:58
I have similar problem with UPC Czech Republic. For more than 4 years I spoke with operators about IPv6. In media the speaker of company says "Yes, it's planned. Yes, it's in testing.", but when I call I want to got an IPv6 address then I listen "No, it's not possible yet.". What's happend with perfect service of sixxs? On l bugs or mistakes reported over the ticket i will got a reply: "Did you read our news?" or "Did you call to your ISP?" Nothing more, I send replies and there are no answer. I send an email to info@sixxs.net, but all of them (some are more than month old) has no answer. PLEASE JEROEN, send a reply to a message, where I cannot re-enable user-disabled tunnel, when an IP address changed. Thanks Pavel

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker