SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Recommendation dynamicDNS with own domain dyndns doubled prices
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 29 March 2016 05:52:44
I have a own domain with nic.ch, no fixed IP and a tunnel for IPv6 with SixXS (thanks!). For name resolution for my domain I was till now with dyndns.com standard dns service. dyndns.com doubled this year prices for this service from USD 30.-- to USD 60.-- per year. 2 years USD 108.--. Accept this? What to do? Does SixXS offer such kind of service? What is recommended? Rgds AW
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 01 April 2016 15:07:27
Andreas WERNER wrote:
[...] dyndns.com doubled this year prices for this service from USD 30.-- to USD 60.-- per year. 2 years USD 108.--. Accept this? What to do? Does SixXS offer such kind of service? What is recommended?
I do not use DynDNS any more but I'm using https://freedns.afraid.org (which offers DynDNS) as backup DNS for years without problems.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 02 April 2016 06:48:42
Andreas WERNER wrote:
I have a own domain with nic.ch, no fixed IP and a tunnel for IPv6 with SixXS (thanks!). For name resolution for my domain I was till now with dyndns.com standard dns service. dyndns.com doubled this year prices for this service from USD 30.-- to USD 60.-- per year. 2 years USD 108.--. Accept this? What to do? Does SixXS offer such kind of service? What is recommended? Rgds AW
HE offers free Dynamic DNS https://dns.he.net/ With a simple script, you can use Cloudflare's DNS or DigitalOcean's DNS.
Recommendation dynamicDNS with own domain dyndns doubled prices Private
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 17 May 2016 06:57:44
If you switch to the non logging dns servers of opennicproject.org you can register and use a free .dyn domain, or use some of their alternative tld's, like .null
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 23 June 2016 21:07:16
Andreas WERNER wrote:
affraid (google it pls) hat a nice cheap domain service and free dns without domain. i use them since 2006 no problems at all.
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 29 July 2016 05:30:52
Gratisdns.dk does free dns (That's what their name means in danish) and also ddns. The site is in danish though, but I'm sure you can understand the interface with a little help from google translate ;-) They got at least 5 servers all over the world, and some is even multihomed(?)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker