SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

DNS and credits
[si] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 26 August 2004 22:55:42
Hey all... I hope admins will read this msg too... when i get subnet i added some dns... i added dns1.ljubezn.net and dns2.ljubezn.net but on page i saw in reverse order... so dns2.ljubezn.net and than dns1.ljubezn.net ... so i wanted to change order ... so i deleted both and readded, but it was same... i was doing this all the time... untill i loose all credits... i didn know that if i add same dns again i loose points. so is any possibility to get them back? admins you can check logs and see there was changing same dns's...
DNS and credits
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 August 2004 23:12:39
I think you won't get your credits back and if you want to contact the Admins you realy need to read the Contact page just mail to info@sixxs.net if you need them, the admins don't check the Forum regular
DNS and credits
[si] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 26 August 2004 23:10:48
I thought so too... But i mailed them for several times... different questions, suggestions, but never get reply... i wrote this here, couse probably i'm not only one who did this mistake...
DNS and credits
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 August 2004 23:14:24
Did you folow the guidlines: Use English, with decent interpunction and at most 78 characters per line Always state a descriptive subject, your full name and if available your NIC handle etc see the contact page [edit] cause every time I mailed to them I have got a very good reply
DNS and credits
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 27 August 2004 21:09:28
What is the point of changing the order?
DNS and credits
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 28 August 2004 14:39:57
It's called "REVERSE DNS", isn't it? :+
DNS and credits
[si] Carmen Sandiego on Sunday, 29 August 2004 15:18:30
well... it's nicer to see dns1.ljubezn.net dns2.ljubezn.net as dns2.ljubezn.net dns1.ljubezn.net i never saw written that changing get - points... and if you change to same IP
DNS and credits
[fi] Carmen Sandiego on Monday, 30 August 2004 01:32:25
it still does work, no matter in what order they are. i have only 1 nameserver, and i would like to use 2 servers where second would be on different address and physically different server too, but no credits.. actually i don't care so much about credits, too bad they can't be earned on heartbeat, but i had to choose heartbeat for dynamic ip... i would say it's your own fault to lose your credits, if you add working ns there is no need to remove it until it stops working (eg. for domain expiration or admin just stops keeping dns).
DNS and credits
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Monday, 30 August 2004 08:14:03
From the FAQ:
As dynamic tunnels won't be up all the time it will only receive a 5 credit bonus after it has been created for one week. This will thus allow one to request a subnet after a week of operating the heartbeat tunnel. After that uptime credits will be given biweekly when the tunnel is alive. Note that one can't loose any credits with a dynamic tunnel but the tunnel must be up if you want to receive those credits.
Doesn't that mean that you gain some sort of credits "biweekly"? Every two weeks? Alex.
DNS and credits
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 04 September 2004 22:55:42
I've gotten credits now, so you should just be patient ;) Check that the tunnel qualifies as up. I don't remember the requirements, but they are somewhere in the forum, and perhaps the FAQ
DNS and credits
[si] Carmen Sandiego on Sunday, 05 September 2004 19:49:16
d0h you dont want to understand it. Shure works if written in reverse way, but it's NICER to see 1 and than 2. I wanted to tell that it's mistake to take your credits if you do anything like i did. just to switch order. end of topic
DNS and credits
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 06 September 2004 10:11:09
It's very simple: - You buy a car (costs money) - You throw the car away (again costs money) - You buy a new car (again costs money) - You throw the car away (again costs money) This all costs you money... simple. No mistake, you throw away things. Nothing wrong there. Switching order simply doesn't make any sense as DNS servers will hussle them up anyway when sending them out. But to make you a bit happy, the output on the webpage is now ASCII sorted, still it will cost you credits when you delete something.
DNS and credits
[si] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 10 September 2004 00:09:11
tnx for taking your time. No problem... i'll w8 to get new points in a week :)
DNS and credits
[ie] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 11 September 2004 22:02:30
...if he will buy and then throw away to many cars how our poor mother earth will look like, hmm???
DNS and credits
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 16 September 2004 08:53:52
The same as he would have run out of credits quite soon :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker