SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Sixxs working tunnel on DD-WRT
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 29 March 2010 01:58:23
See the full post I posted on the DD-WRT forums for installing tcpdump, ping6, traceroute6 and enabling the IPv6 tunnel on Sixxs. http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=424677#424677 If you have any problems, reply in either place, I will try to monitor both. Thanks, James Hartig
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 29 March 2010 10:25:06
!! also make sure the AdvLinkMTU matches the one in the startup script !!
Actually, you should keep the AdvLinkMTU unset, as it should be 1500 on Ethernet, now if you have a different medium, radvd will figure it out as it takes it from Having the tunnel MTU set to 1480 will cause ICMP Packets Too Big to be sent by your router (the WRT in this case) to any host and the host will automatically learn that for those destinations there is a 1480 path, everything else, thus on the local link will nicely talk with a MTU of 1500.
AdvHomeAgentFlag on;
Unless you are going to do Mobile IPv6 and installed the proper tools for it, then don't set that to on. Also note that AICCU works perfectly fine too on WRT, if you are able to find the packages. I prefer OpenWRT over DD-WRT for that and a lot of other reasons (config file format being one, stability and openness being a couple of the others).
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 29 March 2010 23:23:07
Alright, thanks for the updates, I have applied them to the post.
[pl] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 13 October 2011 16:47:25
ddwrt for my device does not contain ipkg. how can I deal with it?

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker