SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Connect two os x machines via ipv6/ipsec
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 11 February 2010 22:39:18
Hi all, i tried a while now to connect my two macs via ipv6. This is cool and works fine (via sixxs.net). But i like to use ipsec on ipv6 (and enhance the firewall to allow all encrypted traffic) and came across this little tutorial http://www.kame.net/newsletter/20001119/ Realising that the macs got all at hands needed to give a direct host-2-host encryption i thought this would be easy. But using setkey/racoon is quite of hard. my actual setkey - config looks like this:
#!/usr/sbin/setkey -f # # Flush SAD and SPD flush; spdflush; spdadd 2a01:XXX:XXX:XXX::2 XXXX:198:XXX:XXX::2 any -P out ipsec esp/transport//require ah/transport//require ; spdadd XXXX:198:XXX:XXX::2 2a01:XXX:XXX:XXX::2 any -P in ipsec esp/transport//require ah/transport//require ;
and my racoon.conf looks like
path pre_shared_key "/etc/racoon/psk.txt" ; remote 2a01:XXX:XXX:XXX::2 { exchange_mode main; my_identifier user_fqdn "joe@macmini.ipv6" ; lifetime time 24 hour ; proposal { encryption_algorithm 3des; hash_algorithm sha1; authentication_method pre_shared_key; dh_group modp1024; } } sainfo address 2a01:XXX:XXX:XXX::2 any address XXXX:198:XXX:XXX::2 any { pfs_group modp768; encryption_algorithm 3des; authentication_algorithm hmac_md5; compression_algorithm deflate; }
This all starts very well - The ip's are exchanged counterwise on the second mac - and everything starts - but a ping6 terminates with a request timeout and i'm quite sure that there is nothing encrypted inbetween. so i am stucked - anyone got a host2host eps/ah working under os x and can give me a hint?

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker