SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

IPv6 traffic increasing rapidly at DE-CIX
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 07 February 2010 20:37:44
As you can see at the bottom of this page, IPv6 traffic has increased heavily over the past 2 weeks. Was there something special or why did it increase that heavily?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 07 February 2010 20:48:18
Yes, Youtube enabled IPv6 as seen in their Blog. The question is why there is almost no increase at AMS-IX.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 07 February 2010 22:25:50
Maybe because only a few people bothered to fix the DNS configuration. https://www.sixxs.net/tools/dnscache/ I'm getting Google (and Youtube) over ipv6 just like expected after using the information in the link mentioned above.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 08 February 2010 10:03:00
I guess this could be true. I am browsing Google over IPv6 at home as XS4all also resolves AAAA addresses for google just fine. I hope more and more people (and ISPs) will be going to support IPv6 in the near future, so IPv6 traffic will start to increase even further.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 09 February 2010 15:41:46
Fixed my Ubuntu setup as well. Had to add the following lines to my /etc/resolv.conf: inet6 nameserver 2001:7b8:3:4f:202:b3ff:fe46:bec The 'inet6' favors AAAA records when doing a hostname lookup. For other Linux flavors it will likely be the same.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 11 February 2010 22:43:59
don't know - but my interest is intending to grow and so it is in my near field around... and when you discuss things - you know things are getting more interesting even on people who doesn't looked interested in the first place :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker