SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

4to6 Tunneling
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 15:32:48
My ISP recently "updated" my connection to IPv6. Before I had a pseudo-static IPv4 address (it only changed when then connection got separated) now I have a unique global IPv6 /64 at my disposal and an IPv4 in a ISP-operated NAT. So I can't reach my servers with my Android devices. So basically I'd like to have an IPv4 address outside the NAT, that tunnels to one of my IPv6 addresses. I'm not sure if SixXS can do that. As I understand it AYIYA is able to do that, but SixXS doesn't seem to support that setup.
4to6 Tunneling
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 18 November 2014 15:44:24
My ISP recently "updated" my connection to IPv6.
Unitymedia / UPC ? :)
So basically I'd like to have an IPv4 address outside the NAT, that tunnels to one of my IPv6 addresses.
I'm not sure if SixXS can do that. As I understand it AYIYA is able to do that, but SixXS doesn't seem to support that setup.
We do not have IPv4 addresses to give away and we are not going to NAT outbound to the Internet as abuse tracking would be horrible and anyway, that would be the same problem you have now. As you say Android, you can just put an AYIYA tunnel on those devices and give them IPv6. Some folks have ported AICCU onto it hence it just works. Also see our news article from last month: Tunnels and DS-Lite

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker