SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Service dnsmasq has to be enabled to start service aiccu
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 08 September 2014 19:26:10
I tried to setup aiccu on boot on my Edge Router Lite. sudo /usr/sbin/update-rc.d aiccu defaults which return: insserv: Service dnsmasq has to be enabled to start service aiccu insserv: exiting now! update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header Is there any way to solve this? exept the hacks from https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aiccu/+bug/967095 and https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/17744
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 08 September 2014 19:58:42
As you say "hacks". In both cases those are going to cause a never ending loop hammering on some kind of server that has little to do with the problem, and definitely can not resolve the real problem at hand. I've given up on trying to explain to the OpenWRT community and various others who think they just can hammer on Internet resources how to solve this problem properly. All clients behaving in a restarting way and causing overly large volumes of requests, be that against the TIC server or our DNS servers, will be automatically blocked and ignored. Yep, that is Internet Survival 101. See also our FAQ.
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 09 September 2014 10:03:22
Jeroen Massar wrote:
who think they just can hammer on Internet resources how to solve this problem properly.
I know, thats why I ask how I can solve this properly, any advice how to run aiccu on startup on a Edge Router lite.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 09 September 2014 23:55:18
I know, thats why I ask how I can solve this properly, any advice how to run aiccu on startup on a Edge Router lite.
No, idea what this "Edge Router lite" thing is, only know it has something to do with Ubuquiti, but having never seen one, let alone used one, little to be known about how that thing works. But if it runs a form of AICCU, the generic AICCU steps apply: - have working connectivity - have a synced clock - have a properly configured configuration - do not restart it - read the logs when it fails - etc Better thus ask the manufacturer how they put AICCU on it.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker