SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Moving to a POP closer to home
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 27 June 2014 09:18:19
I would like to thank the London POP provider for their service to users like me, a long way from any serious and reliable IPv6 providers. I have two ADSL services, one uses native and the other users the London sixxs POP. I hope to move to the new Sydney sixxs POP. I am aware that I will need to renumber all my static addresses. Thank you sixxs in anticipation. Ian M
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 June 2014 08:16:46
Ian Morehouse wrote:
I would like to thank the London POP provider for their service to users like me, a long way from any serious and reliable IPv6 providers. I have two ADSL services, one uses native and the other users the London sixxs POP. I hope to move to the new Sydney sixxs POP. I am aware that I will need to renumber all my static addresses. Thank you sixxs in anticipation. Ian M
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 June 2014 08:20:19
Let me try again. I have my new tunnel. I applied for a new subnet and now my homepage shows that the application for a subnet is disabled to permissions or not enough ISKs. I have plenty of ISKs left even after applying for a new subnet. It is really only a point of interest, because the application has been submitted, just waitng assignment. Ian
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 04:08:00
because the application has been submitted, just waitng assignment.
One can only request/have one (1) /48 subnet per tunnel. Hence, when it is in the request queue you cannot request another one.
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 10:11:30
Hi, please advise how I disable a tunnel? Now that my new tunnel is up and working, I would like to keep but disable my original tunnel. An interesting transition, old ipv6 address worked quite happily until my new address range was assigned. Thank you. Ian
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 09 July 2014 14:16:45
please advise how I disable a tunnel? Now that my new tunnel is up and working, I would like to keep but disable my original tunnel.
Dynamic tunnels (heartbeat + AYIYA) automatically disable themselves. Static tunnels can be disabled using the website.
An interesting transition, old ipv6 address worked quite happily until my new address range was assigned.
When using multiple tunnels do make sure that source based routing is happening, as the PoP will reject unknown source addresses (actually, sixxsd will just not be able to find which tunnel the address belongs to ;)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker