SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Domain registrar with IPv6 support
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 26 August 2009 22:07:13
Hi, I'm looking for a domain registrar with IPv6 support. I want to register my IPv6 only name server. I tried this with my current registrar but they can't make it work. Has anybody registered a IPv6 only reachable name server with their domain registrar? I'd like to know which registrar works without a problem. Kind regards, Jens
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 26 August 2009 23:31:36
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 27 August 2009 18:42:41
Thanks very much. I didn't know that it is in the FAQ.
[ie] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 31 August 2009 16:21:13
Gandi allows Ipv6 glue records now, I did it a few weeks ago. If you could update the FAQ page.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 31 August 2009 17:02:29
Please see that FAQ page and provide the information requested (amongst others how one can get th glue there and for which TLDs). It seems though that Gandi is still unsure as their own FAQ still states It is not currently possible for Gandi users to specify IPV6 addresses concerning glue records. (Note that that is linked off the FAQ page).
[ie] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 01 September 2009 10:31:09
Their FAQ page is out dated. In fact there is no more link to the faq on their website. I opened a ticket with them, and here is the answer:
Usually the FAQ are not reachable any more, because we prefer people to read our Wiki, that it is always updated. Could you please tell us the links that you have clicked to arrive to: https://www.gandi.net/faq/view_question/en/what_are_glue_records_restrictions/ We have published in our blog information about IPV6, that you can see here: http://www.gandibar.net/post/2009/06/19/IPv6-for-Gandi-coming-soon
And I have personally tested it.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 27 August 2009 15:02:40
I just want to mention that I have GoDaddy as my registrar and they will not let me add IPv6 glue support for my domain.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 27 August 2009 18:50:32
Mine is in the list as well. It's Key-Systems GmbH. But for me IPv6 glue records didn't work with them. I will give them a call and ask about this. If it won't work, then I think we should update the list.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 30 August 2009 03:49:00
Dyndns.com supports IPv6 glue as well, at least in conjunction with IPv4 ones. It doesn't look like it's possible to set up IPv6-only glue with them.
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 02 September 2009 15:11:13
Gandi (www.gandi.net) recently finished adding support for IPv6 glue records, and I was able to create 2 ipv6-only glue records for my domain, chaz6.com.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker