SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Procedure for moving across the pond
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 03 May 2014 07:07:32
On May 31st, I will move from Paris to Montreal. I have been a happy user of the SixXS service since June 2011, and wish to continue using it in Canada. What should be the right procedure to suspend my SixXS tunnel at the end of May for a few weeks while I find a new home and wait for my furniture to cross the Atlantic? Thank you, Denis F.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 03 May 2014 16:40:17
Montreal, nice! You should request a new tunnel from one of the US PoPs, that way your endpoint will be at least 80ms closer and your traffic won't have to go back and forth over the same atlantic your furniture is going.
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 07 May 2014 21:36:25
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Montreal, nice! You should request a new tunnel from one of the US PoPs, that way your endpoint will be at least 80ms closer and your traffic won't have to go back and forth over the same atlantic your furniture is going.
OK. I'll ask for deletion of the current endpoint just as I leave Paris, and I'll ask for creation of the new endpoint in North America in a few weeks when my stuff arrives and is finally set up over there. Thanks, Denis F.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker