SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Misunderstanding about DNS issues
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 27 July 2009 09:51:03
Hello, I need opinion from DNS experts and IPv6. I rent a server at a french big hoster (OVH). A subdomain of my hoster is automaticality assigned to my server. This subdomain is defined on the hoster's DNS servers. I'd like to make my server IPv6 ready. So I have an IPv6 assigned by my hoster but no AAAA associating this IP to the server subdomain. So, I can't access my server in IPv6 by using this subdomain. For the moment, only my own domains can have a IPv6, because I have full access to their DNS settings (defined on my own DNS server). I've sent a message to the hoster's support team, explaining them they could improve their IPv6 support with an option in the managing interface. This option should just add an AAAA on the hoster DNS to associate the automaticaly assigned subdomain to the IPv6. I've received a very strange answer. The guy tell me there already is a solution in the managing interface. There is an option which permit to define reverse DNS. He ensured me that I could "associate" this assigned subdomain with a IPv6 with this option. So I wonder : Do my question is relevant ? What does he means by this response ? Thank you for your help. If there's a french guy around here, I may post the original messages.
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 03 August 2009 21:02:31
Hi, I can't see how configuring a reverse would solve your problem, OVH support probably misunderstood your question. Maybe switch hosting ? ;-)
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 04 August 2009 16:38:25
Hi, Thanks for your answer. You seems to know the skills of OVH team. ;) Actually, I'm switching for 1&1. :) I paste here the original discussion in french if you want to confirm your (and my) doubts : ADMIN EDIT: Please refrain from posting private communications on public forums, several countries have laws against that. Note also that this is not the OVH complaints forum, there is bound to be other places around the web for that, thus please keep these kind of discussions there.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker