SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Flaky iOS preference
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 06 October 2013 13:53:27
I noticed that the Safari and Chrome browsers on my iPhone and iPad exhibit somewhat unpredictable behavior when visiting websites that have both A and AAAA records, such as sixxs.net, ipv6actnow.org, etc... At times they connect using IPv6, at other times they use IPv4. Reloading a page sometimes changes the result. Their wireless interfaces always seem to have an IPv6 address though. Visiting pure-IPv6 websites has, so far, always worked, so it's not like IPv6 connectivity is flapping; it really seems to be the browser that is sometimes preferring IPv4. I wonder if people recognize this problem. Connecting through a static tunnel via Airport Extreme; also using its caching DNS. It doesn't seem to me that it is rewriting/modifying dns records. Other devices (FreeBSD, OS X) have no trouble at all...
Flaky iOS preference
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 06 October 2013 16:28:06
This completely depends on the details that the Apple Happy Eyeballs implementation selects, they select based on latency/throughput/etc, thus it becomes pure luck, which is annoying IMHO. There is no off switch for this either to return to the 'old' behaviour either unfortunately.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker