SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Heartbeat and output when Daemonize is set to "0"
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 03 July 2004 14:09:29
Hi, i noticed a little thing with heartbeat client, and, as i dont know very well C, i prefer to talk about it with other people before making conclusions :] In fact, i use heartbeat-client with Daemonize set to "0", and, when i just launch it with the config file as option, i can see the output (of course :) in my console. But if want to get the output to store it in a file (./heartbeat-client config > file) nothing is logged in the file :/ And it's the same if i want to pipe the output ( ./heartbeat-client config | grep HB for example) all the output disappear. I looked a little in the source code, i saw some vprintf, i tried to change them to fprintf(stdout, .... but the result was the same. Maybe there is some #define or other conf that i dont know that make heartbeat-clietn work like that :/ If someone has information, a setting i have missed, a problem with my system maybe, or other things .. . . Thanks kaouete ps : yes i sent a mail to Jeroen Massar but i realized after that there was a forum here, so, sorry for the mail :]
Heartbeat and output when Daemonize is set to "0"
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 03 July 2004 14:11:25
i forgot to say that i was running it on linux with a debian woody :]

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker