SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Looking for IPv6 multicast Unix programming tutorials
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 16 May 2009 23:35:44
I'm planning to write a small but helpful little application in C/C++. It should do a simple file transfer between two Linux devices. The problematic thing in the scenario is, that the two devices do not know each others IP-addresses, therfore I especially thought of IPv6 because of avoiding IP-collisions. The idea was, to do the transfer with three processes running on each device: The first one is just a server process which listens for incoming socket connections to its link-local ip-address. The second process should send multicast messages which announces the ip-address. Finally, the third process shall grab those multicasts, read the link-local-address from the packages data, and establish and request the key-file from the other device. Both devices will be running those three processes so that I'd have an ad-hoc public-key-exchange in the end. Unfortunately I couldn't find any coding examples on the internet. Any code examples or literature hints are very appreciated. Cheers, Linus

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker