SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Private ticketing system for email
[ie] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 01:22:45
At the moment there's no way to know if an email has been received/ignored/on the todo list or has just gone to junk. I notice there is a large todo list )https://www.sixxs.net/misc/operstats/) which I completely understand however it would be nice to know that that email request IS in fact there and is in the todo list and someone is getting around to it. I wouldn't mind knowing my request would take a month to process just as long as I know it is in fact planned/on the todo list and i'm not just waiting patiently while my email has been shifted into spam. Could the email be piped through to some support software such as osticket?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 19 June 2012 21:05:59
At the moment there's no way to know if an email has been received/ignored/on the todo list or has just gone to junk.
As stated on the contact page: All email, except when targeted to the abuse@ address, is spam-scanned and rejected during SMTP-DATA using SpamAssassin. As such, if your mail was marked as spam it would have been rejected by that. The email queue is just long unfortunately and real life has priority.
Could the email be piped through to some support software such as osticket?
No, we are not going to send back emails or depend on a third party tool that has been shown to be vulnerable. It would also only add more over head in processing things.
[my] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:33:37
Jeroen Massar wrote:
The email queue is just long unfortunately and real life has priority.
In that case you might consider updating various info around the web-site. In the FAQ for example it is stated: "Didn't get a reply? Remember that patience is a virtue. If you uphold to the above rules then just wait a few days.". I had a tunnel request (T127106) rejected about a month ago for lack of details ("Please elaborate about the location of the endpoint and the intended usage"). I elaborated greatly in a reply email (in the best English that I can muster including a "Dear Sirs" which I hope is an appropriate greeting, leaving the subject line with tunnel id and user id, using the email I registered with) and so far I heard nothing back. I fully accept and appreciate that this is a free service and that you guys are busy. However, if the purpose of sixxs is to encourage migration to IPv6 being left clueless for more than a month is not very encouraging. Regards
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 09:40:17
In that case you might consider updating various info around the web-site
It is clearly stated on the contact page.
In the FAQ for example it is stated:
That is from the contact page.
and so far I heard nothing back.
Then it is still in the queue, just like 6431 other ones... Processing valid requests is easy, resolving invalid requests is not and takes time. And sometimes the item just gets backlogged as there is too much to do at that point. Note that all messages that need to be replied are still there, we'll get to them eventually.
[my] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 15 August 2013 11:36:43
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Then it is still in the queue, just like 6431 other ones... Processing valid requests is easy, resolving invalid requests is not and takes time. And sometimes the item just gets backlogged as there is too much to do at that point. Note that all messages that need to be replied are still there, we'll get to them eventually.
I understand that perfectly and I appreciate the effort and service that sixxs are providing. Getting started on IPv6 can be a somewhat daunting task at the best of times. You have this forum enabling users to point out what could be better. And that is basically all I am commenting on. Having a 4 week++ backlog is not optimal for anybody and it is definitely not making it easier for newbies. My first tunnel request was smooth sailing. The second one got rejected. I didn't intentionally try to piss anybody off. I didn't intentionally try to abuse your service. I did not intentionally try to waste anybody's time. I was happy about the service and wanted to use my new found experience in a constructive manner. Yes, I should probably have been a bit more detailed in my request - but my point here is that I didn't deliberately try to be a nuisance - only the procedures and delays confused me. Anyway - I don't mean to start an emotional discussion here. I think the original poster's suggestion have merrits and that is about it. You disagree and that is fine too.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 15 August 2013 11:45:33
Having a 4 week++ backlog is not optimal for anybody and it is definitely not making it easier for newbies.
Most of the people do not have to send an email, as they fill in the forms correctly or have odd requirements. Most emails are thus about people who thought they could fill out fake details in the request forms, and hence these get rejected.
I didn't intentionally try to piss anybody off.
I am not aware that anybody had leakage.
but my point here is that I didn't deliberately try to be a nuisance
Nobody is stating that you are a nuisance; your request was odd and thus it fell outside the normalized system which can be processed quickly. As such, you'll just have to wait till somebody has time to look at it.
only the procedures and delays confused me.
All of it is clearly stated, there is nothing we can do further about this.
I think the original poster's suggestion have merrits and that is about it.
They do not as it won't reduce any of the workload that is there. Also as I noted the extra software would either require time to develop or maintain, then procedures have to be updated etc. They are thus not solving any of the problems one thinks there are.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker