SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Request: Temporary disable tunnels
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 12 March 2011 20:14:17
[admin edit: moved to subforum + updated title to reflect content] Hi, I'd like to see an option for suspending tunnels. This would be a scheduled downtime like in nagios 8-) Also, one would not loose credits, if it's more than one week. (Own Background: One Open-Source project that will move soon, won't probably be available under the same domain name, but the project owner probaly want to keep his settings, once getting used to IPv6)
SixXS: What can be done better?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 07 April 2008 23:02:46
I'd like to see an option for suspending tunnels.
Heartbeat and AYIYA tunnels go down automatically when no heartbeat packet was received. Static tunnels can be disabled using the webinterface (just follow the icon in front of the tunnel description in the list as stated in the green box).
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 09 April 2008 09:14:43
To clarify that: I can create a heartbeat/ayiva tunnel for my laptop and use it from time to time. When i am not online, i dont loose any credits?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 09 April 2008 11:42:38
How would you lose credits? There is no requirement for the endpoint to ping, thus no credit reduction is made for them. The only thing that you miss is that you won't gain any credits either if it is not online.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker