SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Add tunnel name to subnet list
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 24 February 2012 14:26:55
It would be nice if the list of subnets also contained the "human friendly" name of the tunnel. I currently have 4 tunnels (one work, one home, and two for roaming pc's). I now have 6 subnets, two real and four "free" and it is getting a little confusing... It would also be nice if this name was given beside the Txxxx number at the subnet configuration page, as I already goofed once when renaming the new tunnels.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 24 February 2012 14:49:33
The list on the home is a list which contains all prefixes, thus allows you to easily search for the one you want with your browser-search function. Adding a column there would make it too much data. As such, I think we have added a better solution: if you check on the per-tunnel page you will find just above statistics a list of subnets for that exact tunnel from where you can navigate again to the subnet details page.
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 24 February 2012 14:54:07
Oh yes, the list of subnets on the tunnel page is good. You're right, adding the name to the table at the main table could be overwhelming :-) However, for people with limited short-time memory, the name of the tunnel on the subnet page would still be a good ide imho.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 24 February 2012 14:57:54
- The Txxxx numbers are not that long - One can use the search function in the browser to match them up - Just go first to the tunnel and presto, there they are too now. I would say: problem resolved ;)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker