SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Add to FAQ - Connectivity (Tunnels and Subnets)
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 05 January 2012 23:12:07
Can you have more than one Tunnel? A: Yes, but first you need to get one tunnel setup. (please feel free to expand or alter this answer if incorrect) I have yet to find the answer to my other question of "Can you change the configuration of a tunnel?", but I am going to work with the answer above and first get one tunnel setup so I can hopefully learn the answer to that question as well. Thanks Wes
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 05 January 2012 23:24:09
Can you have more than one Tunnel?
A: Yes, but first you need to get one tunnel setup. (please feel free to expand or alter this answer if incorrect)
I might be missing something in there, but isn't it logical that if you want to have more than one that you have already one to be able to get more than one? You do need enough credits which mostly only can be earned with another tunnel. As I have not seen this kind of question before and thus definitely not frequent I don't see it as a good FAQ (Frequently Ask Question).
"Can you change the configuration of a tunnel?",
If you click on the link in the list of tunnels and you can change protocol, endpoint etc. But as mentioned in the FAQ it might cost credits.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 06 January 2012 14:44:31
Thanks for the assistance in refining my poor answers to my own questions. I have been reading through many of the forum elements and FAQs to glean answers. Some of the questions in the FAQ list are very short and simple questions. I noticed that the questions I asked myself were either in some longer discussion or their answer could only be inferred. I figure what better way to at least capture some of the newbie questions that to have one ask them in a section like this. If good answers come out of it, then hopefully it is work applied to making things easier. Thanks
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 06 January 2012 16:13:05
I found additional answers again. Can a heartbeat tunnel be converted to a static or AYIYA tunnel or vice versa? does not mention the fact that it may (or does) cost credits to convert that tunnel.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 06 January 2012 16:02:56
I did find the following concerning converting a tunnel, but there is not a mention that it does (or may) cost credits. Can a heartbeat tunnel be converted to a static or AYIYA tunnel or vice versa? Hopefully this helps someone in the future beyond the help it has so far been to me to stitch these together.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 06 January 2012 16:14:29
We could put all the FAQ items on one page so that it is all in one place, but unfortunately that would not help anybody as it would make it messier. Actions costs credits, thus that is why it is split into two parts. It is also mentioned in the location where one changes this btw.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker