SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

SixXS: What can be done better?
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 29 October 2007 18:19:24
Maybe I'm the only one who didn't understand that, but: the FAQ say it's not allowed to provide shell/ircd? Does that mean I'm not allowed to log in via ssh to my network or does that mean I'm not allowed to give shell access to other people? For me, it was not really 100% clear in the FAQ. I'd also like to provide ipv6 access to my ircd. I hope this idea is not annoying as it is clearly disallowed in the FAQ. But I'd like to provide all my services via ipv6 which includes irc. Maybe "buying" the right to run an ircd with credits? Many credits? :)
SixXS: What can be done better?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 30 October 2007 12:19:31
A SSH session for yourself is fine. Providing shells (especially paid ones) to a lot of other people is not okay. As for IPv6 connectivity for your IRCd, you will want to find another way of providing connectivity. SixXS does not allow it. For both cases the simple reason is that we don't want to handle the abuse that comes along with it in most cases. And with abuse we really also mean the DoS attacks, as these tend to be concentrated on the PoP and not on the real endpoint, even though whois.sixxs.net lists the IPv4 address of the tunnel.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker