SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

SixXS: What can be done better?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 04 October 2007 20:16:34
Hello, support for MatrixSSL <http://www.matrixssl.org/> instead of libgnutls would be great. So a binary for embeded devices will be easier to make. Best regards.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 05 October 2007 13:00:49
For which embedded Operating Systems is this targeted? We can maybe once in the distant future add this, but then we still have to also add support for the target platform. You can btw disable the compilation of TLS support.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 06 October 2007 20:13:27
Sorry i expressed myself mistakebly. For a GNU/Linux broadband router with mipsel hardware. Hopefully the MatrixSSL support will produce a smaller binary.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 07 October 2007 10:12:56
I would say, compile a minimal example for MatrixSSL and compile one for gnutls, then compare sizes. Most likely though you would be using these libraries as shared code and not statically linked, as such the space saving definitely will depend on how large the library is, the change in aiccu won't be too big I guess. As mentioned you can also opt to not include GNUTLS support by defining so at compile time. At the moment TLS is not enabled on the server anyway for TIC.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 22 October 2007 02:32:46
Perhaps allow access to a user-branch in CVS? So there would be a distinction between the SixXS stable branch, SixXS hacking branch, and a, let's call it "User-driven" branch, where people could bring in all the features __THEY__ want.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 22 October 2007 12:41:22
Why would we have to host a CVS for other people? You already have the source code, even with a BSD license on it. If you have patches, submit them.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker