SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Multiple computer in tunnel /64
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 08 July 2011 04:23:11
I find a significant problem when deploying IPv6 at home, and that is, the router doesn't support IPv6. The only work around possible is to use AYIYA and AICCU. But that means I have to request a tunnel for every computer, isn't that ridiculous? So I wonder if AICCU could be modified to configure the same tunnel using a interface ID for each computer (and a separate password for each one) so every computer can have IPv6 without bordering with the router.
[cz] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 08 July 2011 08:06:47
You're overcomplicating the matter. Just set up one tunnel on one PC, request subnet, enable forwarding and router advertisements and that's it - your PC with tunnel is v6 router, others are v6 clients.
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 08 July 2011 15:16:26
I've done it already. It doesn't detect.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 08 July 2011 15:28:38
You are most likely then just doing it wrong ;) Or otherwise said: provide the details of what you have been trying and how your configuration looks like, as that is the only way that people here in the forums would be able to help you out.
[ee] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 21 July 2011 18:24:19
it must work, router is nothing more than a little linux based computer connected to switch maybe you could put 3rd party firmware to your router, then it is even possible to launch IPv6 using router

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker