SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Replace country list by geographical list
[mq] Carmen Sandiego on Sunday, 17 April 2011 18:05:51
Martinique is a deparment of France, but physically located in America. If I chose France in the list, I get offered PoP that are very far away and with long latency - around 190ms. If I chose the US, the latency goes below 80ms. Martinique is not a country code (while we do have .mq TLD) but a geographical code. International phone prefix +596. Geographical codes would make more sense than country codes, especially for countries like France which have parts on each continent.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 23 April 2011 13:05:32
At tunnel request time one provided the location of the endpoint. When your endpoint is in Martinique, you select Martinique from the country list. As Martinique does not have a local PoP it will provide suggestions for all the PoPs who are willing to serve that location. Country Codes make the proper sense for SixXS as the PoPs generally serve a single country, nor a region.
[mq] Carmen Sandiego on Sunday, 01 May 2011 10:24:21
Martinique was not in the country list IIRC then - at least I did not see it. Now it seems to be - only the flag is messed. I will be happy to provide a little flag for the icon :-)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker