SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Better RRD graphs
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 12 March 2011 20:23:45
[admin edit: moved to subforum + updated title to reflect content] I think it would be nice for the Packets/Octets per second graphs to auto-range in Y axis. Also if the raw numbers are available it would be really nice to have a table to the right of each packets/octets graphs : So when refreshing at 10:12:05 GMT, presuming 5 minute collected stats Last 5 Mins (end 10:10 GMT): 123 packets Current Hour (end 10:10 GMT): 232 packets Previous Hour (end 10:00 GMT): 1234 packets Previous Day (end 04/11) : 9283 packets Previous Week (end 30/10) : 12821 packets Octets would count total transfer. Just a thought...
SixXS: What can be done better?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 05 November 2010 13:02:57
Check below the graph, RRDtool already makes some of these available. If you want proper accurate and detailed accounting you'll have to do some monitoring on your end. Doing this information for 20.000+ tunnels is already a non-scalable thing to do unless we add lots and lots more hardware, which is not very useful IMHO.
SixXS: What can be done better?
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 05 November 2010 19:33:45
Ok no problem, it was only a suggestion (as per thread title). The only thing that needs to be computed for 20000+ tunnels in realtime is the rrdtool collection data. The graphs (and textual data of my suggestion) only need to be computed on website page reloads. I'd have thought that computing all the graphic images would use significantly more CPU resources than a simple extraction of a time window (from txt file rrd data) and then a subtraction of 2 values. One point I made was that some graphs are actually not very useful unless your traffic is tightly within a band as the Y axis does not appear to scale. I.e. it needs to scale low enough when it is only DNS traffic over IPv6 and go high enough when you start downloading over IPv6. So I can not see why hardware would be even be considered the most obvious solution, to me it is just a software task. But I understand if that is not possible also since I also make presumptions (which I am free to make whilst not fully aware of facts otherwise). Thanks for the suggestion of doing some monitoring my end, or even more simply I can use "ifconfig 6in4" and view the numbers to write down on some paper.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker