SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

More Info Re PoP Outages
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 07 May 2015 09:02:38
Information regarding PoP outages, at least in my limited experience seems to be very minimal. Specifically my PoP aubne01.sixxs.net is currently offline and no information other than this seems to be provided. More information and possibly email notifications to advise us of the status of our PoP's would be great (the latter I realise would be much more painful to implement) so if we notice odd behaviour on our network we immediately know why (I'm not always home, this would be useful, for example if my partner is and I'm not and she complains that the network is experiencing issues). Things I would like to know: - Estimate on how long this will be down for (even 'unknown' would be better than nothing) - Cause of the issue - If there is anything I should/could be doing as an end-user
More Info Re PoP Outages
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 07 May 2015 09:22:04
Specifically my PoP aubne01.sixxs.net is currently offline
PoP is technically up and working, it is just that there is a routing issue causing our monitoring system not being able to reach the PoP.
More information and possibly email notifications to advise us of the status of our PoP's would be great
There is a RSS feed and twitter. We are not going to spam people per email as then all email would be ignored. We only send email when something major is happening (eg down tunnel) or somebody requests a new tunnel/subnet etc. Hence all user-actionable items. Also note that there is nothing you as an enduser can do about this. What we can do is typically already limited.
Things I would like to know:
See our FAQ

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker