SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

how do i get programs to connect using ipv6 connection ? i cant get newsreader to connect, but outlook will connect
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 29 January 2009 03:28:09
ok, i set up my connection manually, i couldn't get the news program to connect, so i read a bit online and found this how to: http://www.stompfest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9208 and did what it said. now i can connect allot easier using gateway6 client as im using vista 64 bit. now i can connect any time i want with a simple click of a icon. i can connect to these 3 newsgroups news.ipv6.eweka.nl newszilla6.xs4all.nl reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl by clicking a hyperlink to them on your cool stuff web page and they will open in outlook express and retrieve articles every time. its nice. so i know i have everything set up right. but if i try and open any of them in a newsreader they wont open. i have tried newsbin pro, grabit,and sabnzb. i have even tried to use a tunel app 1st and i still cant seem to connect using the programs i want to use.the way i tunneled was i installed nt6tunnel.exe and opened up a administrator dos window and ran the command " nt6tunnel -v 119 <newsserver> " then i tried to open the same newsserver in one of the programs, newsbin, grabit, or sabnzb, and it still says it cant connect. so my question is what am i doing wrong? i know i can just use the newsgroups through outlook, but then i cant use a nzb, and its a pain in the butt. i really would like to use a program that i can use a nzb file with. i really would like to use newsbin pro as that's what i usually use. thanks in advance for any help.
how do i get programs to connect using ipv6 connection ? i cant get newsreader to connect, but outlook will connect
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 29 January 2009 05:38:14
i found these instructions: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- open notepad and type the following: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119 netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=1118 connectaddress=newszilla6.xs4all.nl connectport=119 netsh interface portproxy listenport=1120 connectaddress=reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl connectport=119 * and then add the following lines depending on your software and installation location: cd C:\Program Files\Newsbin\ nbpro.exe * save this file as IPv6tunnel.bat in the folder IPv6tunnel on C:\ disk * double-click on the .bat file you just created and newsleecher (or other software you choose and filled out in .bat file) is started. * Grab an .nzb file and start downloading! * remember to start your software using the .bat file every time you want to use this method! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- so i tried it and it does open up newsbin for me, but it still wont start the files downloading. im sure its close to what i need. it seems no matter what i do nothing but outlook will read news group files.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker