SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

the requested operation requires elevation (whats that people?????
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 26 January 2009 03:44:39
ok, i signed up at sixxs, signed up for my tunnel, waited a few days, got it, then started to try it out. i have everything installed ok i think as i can hook up. i do get an error mssg at the very end of connecting that says "warning" error opening registry key: system\current control set\control\class\4d36e97(this # is to long to type)\propertys\t1 warning found 0 count 0 error tun start tap-win 32 adapter not configured properly but im not sure thats my issue. i tried to connect to a newsgroup so i typed in "netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=newszilla6.xs4all.nl connectport=119 " and i get my error mssg "the requested operation requires elevation" this is the 1st time i have used ipv6 connections, so its all new to me. i like to complexity of it all. i just dont know what if anything i did wrong, so please give me a hand. also im a bit lost, once i connect to the newsgroup in the console window, do i open up a new editor like newsbin or xnews? i have looked everywhere for instructions on how to connect and use newsgroups via a ipv6 connection and i cant find anything that tells you how it really works. any help would be cool. thanks in advabce for any help.
the requested operation requires elevation (whats that people?????
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 26 January 2009 10:41:55
"the requested operation requires elevation"
That means that you have to be an "Administrator" Configuring Windows Vista details this.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker