SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Prevent Azureus from using IPv6
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 23 October 2008 19:07:31
Hi all, apparently Azureus for Windows now supports IPv6, at least during my last download session I saw Azureus using IPv6 DHT and corresponding IPv6 traffic over my tunnel. Can I prevent Azureus from using this without having to stop aiccu? I don't really want people to see my real name and address when I download stuff... Of course, I don't actually download illegal stuff, I have got friends for this, but what about people who use SixXS and are not aware of this problem and the recently-enabled IPv6 support in IPv6? Marco
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 24 October 2008 12:16:00
You are *NOT* anonymous on the Internet. Any organization/person can go to court and demand from your ISP to disclose the full details (name, address, etc) of the person who is using the service at IP x.x.x.x during time xx:xx:xx TZ at date xx-xx-xxxx. Also publicly stating that you are doing things like that is probably not the smartest thing. To 'resolve' things like this, either don't use it, or properly firewall it away. Also note that most 'agencies' looking for violations don't have a clue about IPv6. As for people who don't realize that when they are doing something illegal, that that is illegal, well, we are not lawyers, and we can't introduce a big banner on their screens saying what is and what is not illegal. As such, it is the users problem to make sure they are not doing anything illegal, we are not their babysitters.
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 22 November 2008 13:05:29
You can launch java with
-Djava.net.preferIPv6Addresses=false -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
and force an IPv4 in the tracker announce address, but there is no guarantee it will shut down IPv6 DHT and as far as I (poorly) understand v6 announcements can be sent over V4 so you can't even filter it out. With Azureus/Vuze 4 the developers have decided to force this behaviour whether you want it or not.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker