SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Aiccu and native ipv6 (switching)
[pl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 13 June 2008 17:01:22
Hi, Most of the time my laptop is connected to the network with native ipv6. Are there any suggestions on how to make aiccu windows service automatically start / stop while being connected elsewhere? Cheers
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 13 June 2008 17:10:17
On Windows generally Ethernet interfaces already get a preference over native as the MTU is larger than the tunnel interface. There is no automatic switching though, which is not available in quite a few cases anyway (eg if you have a VPN etc) only tool that does it kinda properly is the one shipped with Thinkpads (Access Connections) but that doesn't support AICCU. It is one the todo list though of things that should be in AICCU. Currently busy testing/playing around with the new GUI edition and a testing mode. This testing mode can detect that connectivity is already present thus we could then avoid building up a tunnel. But this is all future stuff, depending on how much time I have to work on it and if I don't get distracted into doing other things.
[pl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 13 June 2008 17:49:42
netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface
and
netsh interface ipv6 show subinterface
both show that an interface called aiccu has a MTU of 1500. Sixxs-home has 1280 set. Just wondering about using
# Script to run after setting up the interfaces #setupscript <path>
and adding a netsh command to manualy set the MTU. Any sugestions?

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker