SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

radvd for Linux libc5 systems?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 19 December 2003 15:26:08
Hi all, my router has a recent kernel but some very old userland, it's libc4 and libc5 based. I managed to find a libinet6.a contained in inet6-apps-0.34 that I could compile. The ping in that package works. But I cannot find a radvd that can be compiled with libc5 and libinet6.a. The main problem seems to be the different #define names that changed when the ipv6 stuff made its way into glibc. A statically linked radvd for glibc doesn't work because even statically compiled binaries want to load libnss.so dynamically. Anyone who has a running radvd for libc5? Regards Holger
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 19 December 2003 15:53:33
I would suggest upgrading your complete system as there are bound to be a lot of improvements that you currently are not profiting of. There have indeed also been made a lot of changes in the defines making lot of things incompatible which was one of the reasons that debian's sshd didn't support IPv6. Thus upgrade ;)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 19 December 2003 18:47:59
radvd is not a must have. I could set static adresses and routes. But with libc5 I cannot compile ip6tables. And that's a real showstopper. I don't want to open my network completely. Because upgrading the whole thing is a big task I'll try to move the routing to another box. But that will take some time. Until that my ipv6 killer app is ping6 :X
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 19 December 2003 20:24:23
Reply to self: building a static ip6tables on a glibc-system and running it on the linbc5-system does the trick. 8-)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker