SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

"behind NAT" won't be remembered (heartbeat tool)
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 December 2003 21:35:32
The heartbeat tool won't remember that i marked the "behind nat" button. I checked the registry and there is says "Behind NAT YES". The tunnel is working fine but i keep getting the annoying pop-up screen saying i should enable the behind nat button. Is this a bug or is there something i'm doing wrong? I am using en XP-pro box. Oh... even tryed it on another XP-pro box. Groetjes, Dave Boonstra.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 December 2003 22:20:15
I noticed that to actualy. But I never used the heartbeat client longer than a few hours, because I got a static tunnel at home, and don't take my PC along very often. so I didn't bother.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 17 December 2003 22:39:44
That is not a bug, that is a feature ;) It makes sure you understand the fact that unless your router forwards the packets to your NATted host it won't work.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 18 December 2003 12:28:06
The pop-up message is a feature. I understand. I thought the behingd nat button would make that message stay away on future start-ups. What is the button doing then? It seems to do nothing to me. I do understand i'm behind nat so i would like the message to stay away. Is there a way or could there be a way in a future release? Thanks, Dave.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 18 December 2003 13:56:50
It keeps that message away for the 'current' session, not for any future ones, thus as long as you don't close the client it should not POP up.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 18 December 2003 15:12:18
That is right. But could you change that behaviour? Whenever i reboot my PC i'd like the heartbeat tool to automatically start. But then it will give me the annoying pop-up every time. Dave
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 18 December 2003 15:13:43
Rebooting PC's ? Hibernate is your friend. Nevertheless, SSACC, which is currently in beta doesn't have this problem as you can run it in service mode and then it won't complain about it and it will also automatically start up.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 20 August 2004 17:03:18
When does the beta goes to final? Service would be perfect. The pop-up is very annoying. greetings Carsten
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 18 December 2003 18:01:53
Autostart is no problem at all. Just make a shortcut and put that in the start up folder. The bottom line is that i'll need to wait for this new tool to be released then. Dave

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker