SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Anyone else having issues with ipv6 on Vista?
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 05 February 2008 22:37:11
I've been having a few issues with ipv6 since I moved my desktop to Vista. Before on Windows XP, it was working perfectly. I have a cisco 837 router configured with a sixxs tunnel. I have my own dns server with both an ipv6 and ipv4 address and runs debian. Things that deffinately work are: - ping local network and remote ipv6 addresses - ping local and remote ipv6 dns names (e.g. ping -6 noc.sixxs.net) This tells me that the ipv6 fundamentals are working. The strangeness starts when I can't use ipv6 in any applications, about half the time. When I say about half the time, I mean that 50% of the time that I boot into Vista, it works perfectly. The other 50% of the time, applications cannot access ipv6 addresses, and don't resolve dns names to their ipv6 version. This would be better if it was consistent, but the fact that it keeps being fixed and then breaking again through a reboot is rather odd. The behaviour is the same whether I have my gateway and dns either set manually or auto-configured. Anyone got any ideas?
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 12 August 2008 01:30:27
Perhaps this is an issue with the Vista firewall? I noticed difficulties with it and IPv6 on my laptop and Vista. Disabling it seemed to have worked for now. Using a linux firewalling router instead =)
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 12 August 2008 17:10:30
See if the answer from David Horn (near the bottom) in the following thread solves your problem: http://www.sixxs.net/forum/?msg=setup-714300

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker