SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

First Person Shooter
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 31 October 2003 17:58:46
Hi, I know that there are some IPv6 patches out for Quake1 and Quake2, but I'm more interested to know what CURRENT games support IPv6 by default?! After installing IPv6 on all my Windows computers I was astound to see that Operation Flashpoint (OFP) obviously has no problem with IPv6. The IPv6 addresses of the PCs were prefered over the IPv4 addresses, but sadly you weren't able to run a OFP server that used both IPv6 and IPv4 (at the same time) and allowed mixed connections. BTW, playing OFP using GameSpy still works fine. If I set up a OFP server using GameSpy it uses the IPv4 address, whereas if I set up a LAN game (not using GameSpy) it automatically uses the IPv6 address. So Operation Flashpoint is IPv6 ready, but a support for mixed IPv4/IPv6 server operation would be a nice feature to add. Do you have any experience with other games? greetings, Max
First Person Shooter
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 31 October 2003 19:45:34
Hmmm neat... If you want support for IPv6 in current games I suggest that you do what I have been doing for quite some time now: spam support departments of softwarehouses for IPv6 support in games. Blizzard is one of the companies that really should start supporting it as asia is crowded with players. John Carmack actually replied to such a request, but they where working on the game code and not the networking code of Duke at that moment. But he did say that he would remind himself of it when they started doing the network code.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker