SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

"Comparison of IPv6 application support" on Wikipedia
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 22 June 2007 16:37:32
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_IPv6_application_support I started this article on Wikipedia some days ago, and it already has another contributor for information. This would be a good place to polish a table of current IPv6 support in applications.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 22 June 2007 18:12:30
Would you care to have web-based applications in this list, or somewhere else? For example, after I enabled IPv6 on a few of my Apache servers, I discovered that phpBB 2.x assumes all IP addresses are 32 bits. I'm sure there are a bunch of other web apps that make similar assumptions. These applications really have nothing to do with IPv6, but their functionality might be impaired by it. For what it's worth, I upgraded to phpBB 3.0 RC1, which handles IPv6 addresses just fine. Squirrelmail (I tried 1.4.9a) works properly, as does Gallery 2.2.2 (I can't see anywhere that Gallery deals with IP addresses at all.) I haven't tried Mediawiki yet.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 23 June 2007 07:14:55
I don't see why they can't be added to the list. The goal is to identify what needs to be upgraded and what actually works.
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Wednesday, 27 June 2007 22:35:28
Michael, What would perhaps also be interesting is a webpage of embedded devices which are IPv6 enabled. None of the devices I have at home (SIP-box, dreambox digital satellite receiver, Iomega netstore) support IPv6. (althou I know the latter two actually run linux). The only one I know of is the apple airport extreme. Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 28 June 2007 20:08:30
Gegroet, Come to think of it, what would also be interesting is a website of IPv6 related internet "services". I'm thinking of IPv6 enabled "free DNS"-services (like dns6.org). Another interesting thing I was thinking of is the "route-server" of France telecom (open transit) at "telnet route-server.opentransit.net". If allows you to do pings, traceroute, BGP queries, ... both on the IPv4 and the IPv6 internet. (Althou -strangly enough- it only seams to have a "A" record in the DNS, no AAAA address. Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker