SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Openssl-s_client replacement for IPv6?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 18 June 2011 18:05:57
Does anybody know of an alternative to OpenSSL's s_client tool that works with IPv6? S_client is a fairly simple network tool, a bit like netcat for SSL, that can be used for direct interaction with SSL-enabled services. It can also print out a lot of information about the SSL-usage on the other side, especially the certificates sent out, which makes it a very useful debugging tool for SSL servers. Problem is, it has no support at all for IPv6. A bit of googling revealed some bug reports from 2006 about the issue, even complete with a patch, however, since the newest information I could find on the issue is five years old already, I'm not holding my breath for the official s_client supporting IPv6 any time soon. So, anybody know of an alternative?
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 22 July 2011 17:47:51
Various distros have already added the patch to openssl to support IP6. For example, Fedora added it in 2006. Check the packaging system you use to see if it has already been added. If you are building your own package on a homebrew or foreign system, you should have no problem incorporating the patch. (I do agree that upstream IP6 support should be official.)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 22 July 2011 19:39:25
gnutls has a tool that does support IPv6.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker