SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

all v6 newsservers except xs4all down
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 06 May 2006 10:19:58
Hello, in the FAQ-section under cool things to do with v6 there are 3 public and open v6 newsserver mentioned: News Host ISP Size Availability newszilla6.xs4all.nl Xs4all 40+ Terabyte public news.ipv6.scarlet-internet.nl Scarlet 4 Terabyte public news.ipv6.estpak.ee Elion public I'm using the nt6tunnelscript in order to get my v4only-newsreader working: NT6tunnel.exe -v 119 newszilla6.xs4all.nl 119 maps the xs4all-server to the local port 119 - I'm doing the same with scarlet for 120 and estpak for 121. XS4ALL: The first one is working fine for me and I can connect with up to 3 simultaneous connections. A telnet localhost 119 gives a nice login-message: 201 dreader10.news.xs4all.nl NNRP Service Ready - newsmaster@xs4all.nl (no posti ng). That's fine and I can also ping the server. SCARLE-INTERNET: The problem is with the other servers... they're not answering properly! telnet localhost 120 resulsts in a blank screen and nt6tunnel complains about a refused connection: <164> connection refused (dreaderd-1.news.ipv6.scarlet-internet.nl,119) The server is unpingable. ESTPAK: When trying the estpak-server the result is similar to scarlet: <156> connection refused (news.ipv6.estpak.ee,119) The server is down but I can ping it. Any idea what's wrong here? Is it a local problem or a problem with the servers? Are there any other free newsserver (read only) one could use? Thanks
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 12 May 2006 12:29:11
I suggest you contact the operators of these news servers. They may very well have changed the policy.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 05 June 2006 10:58:10
Hi, the ESTPAK server is for ESTPAK Users only, i think. Moreover, the SCARLE-INTERNET server is down. I also would be interested if there are some more IPv6 free newsserver. Perhaps one with write access.
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 06 June 2006 10:07:00
Hello, I just got the confirmation from Scarlet that their service is down and they don't know if it will ever come back :-( Thanks for providing us with this service in the past. Maybe someone could update the FAQ-section here on the sixxs-website? Gunther

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker