SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Running an own TIC server
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 August 2010 10:49:08
Hello, we already have IPv6 connectivity from SixXS, everything working fine. We would like to connect several endpoints to our /48 subnet using proto-41 or AYIYA tunnels (especially for those with dynamic IPs), and assign a /56 or /64 to each one. The way AICCU works is very elegant and simple, so we thought we may set up an own, private TIC server. As of now, we only found AICCU being available as free software. Is TIC a free project or is it only available to the SixXS project?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 26 August 2010 12:12:34
First of all see: Can I share my account? As for the SixXS-side of everything that is only available to the ISPs who provide the PoPs.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 01 September 2010 10:43:27
Okay, that is perfectly understood. Thank you! This implies that if we want to connect our company's branches (small offices across the city) with IPv6, we should request normal tunnels from SixXS instead, use AICCU as usual, and request the appropriate subnets later (if necessary and when ISK is high enough). Those are still different physical networks, but they are administered and legally run by the same company/legal person. So in this case, this is not equal to giving away connectivity to foreign persons or friends, we would not violate the terms of use, right? "Can I share my account?" is clear for most cases, but I think in that special case we need more clarification. Anyway, before we proceed further, we prefer to ask you first.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 01 September 2010 12:00:16
There are lots of people who have several tunnels and subnets attached to them and do exactly that: provide connectivity to the places where they need it If one administrates them all and takes care that they are not abusive then go right ahead. Of course we frown upon sharing of user/password details as they are not you; in these kind of setups that is generally not an issue though.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker