SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

radio.unfix does not want to work with me :(
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 15 January 2005 12:06:36
Ok, So i read about radio.unfix, and i am very interrested in multicasting. I downloaded ecmh, compiled it, and ran it (in promisc. mode) on my linux "router" (linux 2.6.10 / gentoo). This machine is connected to nlams05 which supports multicasting (uses ecmh too if i understand correctly). On my internal network i tried to connect a winxp laptop using zinf. But it just keeps on saying "0% buffered" I wrote (ok copied from internet) a small program to connect to the multicast group. Ran it on an other linux machine. Also no reply. Output from ecmh suggests it got the "join multicast group" messages on my internal network (via eth0), but nothing upstream from the sixxs interface. Is rtp://radio.unfix.org:1833 still broadcasting? Should i be able to receive it? If so, what am i doing wrong?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 17 January 2005 09:48:16
Is rtp://radio.unfix.org:1833 still broadcasting?
Nope, still waiting till Cistron deactivates the former ADSL connection....
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 17 January 2005 11:58:32
Ah, that explains it. :) Ah used to be cistron client. But they are no more now. To bad actually! Well, eagerly awaiting the return of radio.unfix.org :)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 19 February 2005 22:42:47
Try 'Frequence3', "vic ff0e::2:e257/58892", "sdr" or "vlc --extraintf sap --sap-ipv6". This is all working for me, though only the videostream is announced using sap/sdr.
[fr] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 19 February 2005 16:42:40
Hello, I don't know if it's possible, but here (in france) there's a famous Webradio called 'Frequence3', they stream in IPv6 and in some places in ipv6_multicast. I think it would be great to have Frequence3 broadcasted on Sixxs. If you're interested, you can contact clement (the server guy ;) clement -atte- frequence3 dot net Just my 2 cents :)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 19 February 2005 22:24:23
Strange, but "Frequence3 with vlc at udp://@[ff1e::8888]:8888" ist already working for me. 8-) And this even while most of the unicast ipv6 adresses are not reachable from my pop (deham01) at the moment.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker