SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

C++ framework with IPv6 support
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 04 October 2004 19:33:41
Hi, just in case somebody is interested: I've developed a simple C++ framework (it only compiles on Linux at the moment) with basic networking capabilites such as UDP and multicast sockets, an InetAddress/InetSocketAddress class (its design is close to the one used by the Java classes) and some other features. It was designed primarily with IPv6 compatibility in mind. It is being actively maintained and extended. Maybe it is useful to somebody. :) http://anja.npw.net/ *Please note:* My IPv6 tunnel is currently somewhat unreliable. If you experience problems, just leave me a note. ciao, phb
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 04 October 2004 19:46:42
The fact that you have a class "InetAddress" already makes the whole thing completely bogus as that causes it to not work for eg IPX or IPvTurbo etc. Nevertheless, a Win32 port should not be too hard if you have kept everything to nice C compliancy (eg compile it wild -pedantic once ;) ) Win32 just requires one to add a InitWinsock(version, datasomething) at the beginning and your are done. Oh and some types should be casted directly, aka do not use 'int' for sockets but use SOCKET. Then all should be fine.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 04 October 2004 20:31:59
Why bogus? I just needed some simple Address holder for IP addresses -- for higher level usage -- and this it perfectly works for me :). One simply could derive InetAddress et al from, let's say, "Address". This opens possibilities for introducing more generic address types. For me, the much more important thing in Anja the Reactor, by the way. It is an abstraction on signal handling and I/O management (see Schmidt et al). I've emphasized the address holders simply not to be off-topic :). CommonC++ is ok, but there was(?)|is no IPv6 support. ACE (see Schmidt et al), in turn, features IPv6 support. Only the library was much too big for the project I started. Staying (as) compatible (as possible) with Java seemed advantageous to be, though. ciao, phb

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker