SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

IPv6 Identd Daemon
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 August 2004 18:16:46
Hello, I used to have an application that ran as a service on Win2k to handle IPv4/6 ident requests. I kinda lost it and I'm looking for this app (or any other). I'm using a DOS based app now which times out when I get a IPv6 ident request from FTP, IRC, etc... I believe the app was from Silvermoon Software and it used to be on www.hs247.com It was GUI based. Anyone that might be able to help me find this or any other good identd daemon for Win2k? Thanks in advance.
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 August 2004 18:45:42
http://www.hs247.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=4&ttitle= Still exists...
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 August 2004 18:49:19
That's the DOS based one that times out... I'm looking for the one that runs as a service w/ GUI interface.
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 August 2004 19:06:01
Oh, sorry. I just did a search on hs247.com and found that one. |:( Maybe give this one a try instead? http://www.tinyirc.net/identd.shtml Don't know how good it is or anything, I just googled for a gui one... O-)
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 31 August 2004 18:25:52
I'm using TinyIdentd, and it's working fine. It is a very simple daemon, with an easy GUI.
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 29 August 2004 19:50:59
Thanks I'll give it a try. Weird I didn't find that one when I googled.
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[fi] Carmen Sandiego on Monday, 30 August 2004 01:56:33
ididv6 is good for windows. ipv4 and ipv6. also possible with hexeditor to change 113 to something else, relay6 (frontend) to forward specific addresses to different port to have different username on some addresses. this needs some more modified ididv6 running but who cares if your lan needs it, and you share your internet connection throught 1 pc.
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 17 September 2004 21:01:34
I have tried both ident daemons but none of those is working on IPv6 (they are working on IPv4). My IPv6 tunnel endpoint is working quite well on a NAT'ed computer behind a Linksys WRT54GS with the linux firmware which is forwarding all IP protocol 41 packets to the endpoint. Do I have to enable/forward something special to get an identd working on IPv6? I thought forwarding all IP protocol 41 packets is enough. Port 113/TCP (IPv4) is forwarded to the same box but I think that doesn't matter in that case ... any ideas? Thanks, Ralf
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 23 October 2004 18:33:19
Nobody? :?
IPv6 Identd Daemon
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 02 November 2004 15:52:06
TinyIdentd definitely works with IPv6 (using Windows XP, and even with SP2). And it is almost impossible to anything wrong, as TinyIdentd is a very simple app. If it is not working for you, I assume that it is not the fault of TinyIdentd, but rather that of your OS/firewall ...

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker