SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

ircd && ipv6 question
[be] Carmen Sandiego on Monday, 23 August 2004 14:19:11
Hi, I was wondering if it was allowed to use the sixxs tunnel to run an ipv6 ircd for many clients (max 1000 or something..)? Also I was wondering if there is a way to make the tunnel host reverse to a record you add to the nameserver of a domain you own? Thanks
ircd && ipv6 question
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 August 2004 16:39:38
Perhaps your tunnel provider can answer your first question. On the 2nd question: As I understand it, you will need to set an AAAA record in the name server for the domain you want your tunnel to be "located". A google for DNS and ipv6 should give you some more information... Cheers Thorsten
ircd && ipv6 question
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 August 2004 21:15:45
Hi, I don't know whether you're allowed to run your own server, I currently can't see anything in the FAQ denying that. But only the SixXS-staff (info@sixxs) can answer your question appropriately, have you considered asking them? Regarding the reverse name, a change of the reverse-name for the addresses in the tunnel-transfernet is not possible (that cl-xx...). You can configure the reverse zone for a Subnet to point to a server you manage though, this is possible in the options of the subnet. Bernhard

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker