SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Windows 10 64 bit. Has anyone got a working setup
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 11 September 2015 14:24:44
Hi everyone, :-) WINDOWS 10 64 bit Professional. HP ProBook 4530s, 4GB of RAM. i7-2670QM processor @ 2.2GHz 1.55TB of free space left of a 2TB hard drive. I have requested a TUNNEL here. I am a completely newbie to this stuff so please bear with me. I was trying to follow install instructions at https://www.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/ It appears that I have the TAP driver running here. The AICCU console is not finding the config file though. I would also like to know that if and when I get this IPV6 setup going on this computer; 1) Do I need to leave this computer ON in order to maintain my TUNNEL? 2) Can I set it up on more than one computer or is only one needed? 3) Can I reach the IPV6 internet from more than one device once I set it up on this computer or do I need to install stuff for each device separately? Please note that I also have some ANDROID devices and a MAC and a number of PCs that all connect via my wireless router. Please help. Best regards, John
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 11 September 2015 15:22:12
The AICCU console is not finding the config file though.
That is as you need to create it. username + password is sufficient if you have one tunnel. tunnel_id is recommended.
1) Do I need to leave this computer ON in order to maintain my TUNNEL?
Static tunnels are required to always be active. Dynamic tunnels (Heartbeat/AYIYA) are dynamic, thus they don't. See the FAQ for the exact details.
2) Can I set it up on more than one computer or is only one needed?
Only one computer is needed for a tunnel, and one can only terminate a tunnel at one computer. As a /64 is routed to the endpoint one can use that to give other computers in the same network IPv6 connectivity. See the FAQ for the details.
3) Can I reach the IPV6 internet from more than one device once I set it up on this computer or do I need to install stuff for each device separately?
As you get a public IPv6 address, that host is globally reachable by as many other hosts as your network allows. Each host does need it's own IPv6 address. Thus if another host has no IPv6 address you need to provide connectivity through it. The FAQ details this.
Please note that I also have some ANDROID devices and a MAC
and a number of PCs that all connect via my wireless router.
If they have an IPv6 stack (most do nowadays) then see the FAQ for the details.
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 12 September 2015 22:37:27
Hi Jeroen Massar, Thanks for your answers. I managed to find a page on here showing a default config file. Once I put my details in for my tunnel the AICCU console is showing "Successfully retrieved tunnel information for Tunnel TXXXYYY" then some errors to do with the registry then 4 times "OK" then 3 times it has stated "OBJECT ALREADY EXISTS" then "OK" followed by [AYIYA-start] : Anything in Anything (draft-02) [AYIYA-tun->tundev] : (Socket to TUN) started But I still can not reach any IPV6 websites. Do you have any further ideas please? Do I need to change any settings in my ROUTER? Best regards, John

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker