SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Browser does not resolve IPv6 from URL
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Monday, 28 December 2009 14:47:30
Hello Community, I have an problem with all my Browsers. I tested Opera, Firefox an Internet Explorer on 3 systems. If i browse my IPv6 IP, i got response from Apache running on tunnel endpoint. But if i try URL, the browsers didn't resolve the IPv6. No access in logs of the my Apache. It is not only my URL with this error. ipv6.google.com doesn't work, but the IPv6 directly does. NSLookup also resolves IPv6 URLS. I tried on Windows 7 Pro and Vista Home Premium. But with Linux textbrowser lynx, i could browse IPv6 urls. Any idea what to do? Greetings Manuel Ritter
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 28 December 2009 18:15:31
What firewall software do you run? Some don't understand IPv6 and then break it completely. The default one in Windows XP/Vista/7 works, others require to be uninstalled (disabling tend to not help either). Next to that, check the Wiki for the article about IPv6, it notes that one needs an address on an Ethernet card for IPv6 to work in browsers in Vista/Win7.
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 01 January 2010 09:20:50
Make sure your native IPv6 or tunnel is working. If you only have Teredo or 6to4 I think Windows prefers IPv4 addresses when resolving. Win7 and I think Vista have Teredo enabled by default, so they may appear to be working somewhat with IPv6 over that even if they aren't routed through the tunnel.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker