SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

aiccu - Makefile patch to accomodate with "as_needed" linking by newer Linux distribution
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 09 November 2009 22:22:08
Tag [/link] is not closed
aiccu - Makefile patch to accomodate with "as_needed" linking by newer Linux distribution
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 10 November 2009 21:41:11
OOPS, produced some how a broken entry. I faced an issue after openSUSE switched to "as needed linking" by default for openSUSE Factory and the upcoming version 11.2, I had to adapt the unix-console Makefile to accommodate for this change. (see patch below for your review) Linking as needed means (in short) during compile the linker evaluates if any symbols are used by already know object files or other libraries. Actually this changes relies on the order of object files and libraries used in the compiler command line. Benefit: By this approach libraries get drop if there symbols never or no longer required. Find more details: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/asneeded.xml I use currently the following patch to build aiccu for openSUSE, SLES (and to test the patch also for Fedora, CentOS, RHEL) in openSUSE BuildService:
diff -ru aiccu/unix-console/Makefile aiccu-new//unix-console/Makefile --- aiccu/unix-console/Makefile 2007-01-15 12:04:27.000000000 +0100 +++ aiccu-new//unix-console/Makefile 2009-11-09 16:02:59.000000000 +0100 @@ -144,7 +144,7 @@ all: aiccu aiccu: $(OBJS) ${SRCS} ${INCS} - $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ $(OBJS) + $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $(OBJS) $(LDFLAGS) ifeq ($(shell echo $(CFLAGS) | grep -c "DEBUG"),0) ifeq ($(shell echo "$(RPM_OPT_FLAGS)" | wc -c),1) strip $@
I expect no issues for AIX or any other platform, but cannot test it. After testing on all platforms, I would be happy to see this fix added to the official tarball. If you like to test the RPM packages, they accessable via: Link to download.openSUSE.org Best Harald

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker