SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

NNTP (itgate.net): You have no permission to talk.
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 03 October 2014 11:18:33
Hi there, I am currently using Thunderbird to read USENET posts via news.itgate.net. My problem is that i receive the error - "You have no permission to talk. Goodbye!" - after half an hour (more or less) that i have started Thunderbird. This happen when i don't see any new message in the subscribed groups and i click one of them to manually fetch articles. If i restart Thunderbird, it just works for another (half) hour and then the error pops-up again. I have a Debian server at home whitch is my IPV6 gateway, it runs AICCU and RADVD and provides IPV6 addresses to my LAN. I have already tried resetting the windows IPV6 Interface (netsh int ipv6 reset all) without success and i don't know whether this may be an application/connectivity/windows problem; it seems like Thunderbird thinks i am not connected via IPV6 anymore, while i am. Thanks for your help.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 03 October 2014 12:21:00
Likely your Thunderbird decides to swap over to IPv4 after a while (thank you "Happy Eyeballs" for indeterminism). You might want to either verify that fact with Wireshark and/or use the IPv6 address in the configuration.
[it] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 07 October 2014 10:19:30
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Likely your Thunderbird decides to swap over to IPv4 after a while (thank you "Happy Eyeballs" for indeterminism). You might want to either verify that fact with Wireshark and/or use the IPv6 address in the configuration.
Thanks for replying and sorry for the delay, i haven't been notified. I'll try that.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker