SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Choosing a source address (e.g., Firefox)
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 25 September 2009 12:11:14
Hi ! This is my first posting, please be kind and tell me simply if I break any rules. My question : is it possible to select a source IPv6 address when using common client applications (Windows or Linux), and how do you do that ? As an useful example, is there a preference or setting to tell Firefox to use a source IP6 of my choosing ? Thank you !
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 25 September 2009 12:40:50
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 27 September 2009 23:11:47
Thank you. That policy thing is for the OS choosing default source address, but the apps should have priority (and my OSes do not have a configurable policy table anyway). Is there a pref in Firefox for selecting a source address? Ideally I would like to have a way yto select source address at the same time I select destination, i.e. in the URL bar : didn't "they" think of that ? Use case : if I go to an site offering an online scanner (ala nmap), presumably the site may accept to scan only the IPv6 from which it was contacted.
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 16 June 2010 09:18:32
Is my question not sensible really ? I'd love to be able to specify a source address (and possibly an interface) at the application (7) level ! Please help the newbie !
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 17 June 2010 18:45:10
Then supply a patch to Firefox which allows you to do so, as currently (afaik) it does not support that.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker