SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

VoiP applications
[fr] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 14 May 2009 15:01:48
Hi all, We are currently testing IPv6 in my company. We want to test QoS mechanism with IPv6. To do this tests we need a VoIP application to measure the quality of the link and to test the QoS policy. Do you know somes VoIP applications (Pc to PC if possible)? Thanks
VoiP applications
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 14 May 2009 15:22:31
Any standard SIP client should work. There are various ones which support IPv6. Depends a bit on platform what one likes though.
VoiP applications
[fr] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 14 May 2009 17:07:11
We want to try on vista. But we just want to try an audio communication. Not necessary SIP (needs SIP resgistrar)
VoiP applications
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 14 May 2009 17:19:33
You can run SIP between clients directly, just dial sip:<user>@<ipaddress> (URL depends a bit on your tool)
VoiP applications
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 26 July 2009 10:03:10
Yes. I have tested this with Linphone which supports IPv6 calling with direct v6 literal IPs, so: sip:<user>@[<IPv6 IP address>] Just be aware that you need to quit and restart Linphone (3.1.2) for the IPv6 mode to take effect properly. Otherwise the call fails without a very useful error message.
VoiP applications
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 03 September 2009 17:20:29
You could install freeswitch on windows and register your linphones to it and than measure jitter etc with wireshark.
VoiP applications
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 09 January 2010 20:59:02
May i suggest Mumble. Since 1.2.0 it has ipv6 support.
VoiP applications
[si] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 21 May 2010 18:31:43
Our company will try to use the ipv6 on cisco ip communicator. We use it with application called 'sedam' in the calling centers usually. I'll get in touch if we manage to succeed the test. Kind regards, Rok
VoiP applications
[us] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 20 August 2010 22:00:58
I'm having good success using Mumble (murmur on the server). I run murmur on a dual-stack FreeBSD server allowing IPv4 and IPv6 mumble clients to connect and communicate without issue. Granted this VoIP solution is more for computer gamers but it does open the door to reliable cross-communication with clients having different protocols.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker